What can I do to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ – First I can try and figure out what are His attributes. I found those in Preach My Gospel Chapter 6 – and here’s a link to the one page checklist https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/gospel-library/manual/36617/36617_000_006_06-attributeActivity.pdf
It’s a good link – download the PDF and see how you fare – I did somewhat OK on some – others I need to work on quickly.
I say quickly because I really would like to be more like the Savior – I want to gain the characteristic that He has.
- I want to show love to all that I meet.
- I want to be non-judgmental.
- I want to help all those that I can.
- I want to bless the lives of people I meet.
- I want to leave his world a little better that when I came into it. I can only do this one person at a time, just as the Savior administered to the one, I can try and do the same.
How can I do this, well, when I’m with someone I need to be there and not somewhere else. I need to focus on what they are saying, what their needs are. I need to find out more about them, rather than letting them know more about me.
If they do not already know about the Love that Heavenly Father and Jesus have for them, I can tell them. If they do not know about the restore Gospel, I can tell them about it. If they don’t know that Families can be together eternally, I can tell them.
There are nine areas that I need to focus on:
- Charity and Love
Right now my biggest area to work on is Patience.